A Cover Diaper is a very economical Cloth Diapering option that is highly recommended for daytime diapering.
Waterproof Cover + Snap-in/Lay in Insert
A Cover Diaper consists of a waterproof, breathable outer shell (usually made of PUL) with rise snaps and hip snaps/velcro closure. The inner side of the shell usually consists of snap buttons to attach the insert. Stay-dry insert of any kind can be snap-attached or laid inside the Diaper Cover. There is also an even better, economical option where you can pad-fold a homemade Flat Diaper and lay a Fleece Liner as the top layer and use it with a Diaper Cover.
- Adjust the rise settings of the Diaper Cover
- Snap or lay the insert and wrap it around the baby bum
- Once peed, the insert can be removed and thrown into the laundry routine, and the diaper cover can be air-dried and reused.
- Pooped diapers must be tossed into the laundry routine including the diaper cover and the insert
Why choose Cover Diapers?
- Economical – Diaper Covers are absolutely economical as the shell can be reused. Having a good stash of 4-6 Diaper Covers and a bunch of inserts would suffice for mums who wish to cloth diaper on budget
- Best for newborns – as newborns tend to outgrow newborn size diapers very soon, opting for diaper covers is a smart way to kick-start your cloth diapering journey. In the infanthood period of your baby, a decent stash of inserts and newborn covers would suffice.
- Dries quickly - As the shell and inserts are detachable, they take very less time to dry out entirely as compared to other kinds of diapers like All-in-ones or Pockets